3 Essential Quizzes to Learn More About Yourself
A quick disclaimer before proceeding: these are just free online quizzes that are fun if you have some extra time to kill this quarantine. None of these quizzes — as well known as they are — are backed by scientific data. That means it’s up in the air whether or not they’re accurate and substantial in what they say they describe. With that said, they are still fun to take, entertaining when comparing your scores with those of your friends and family, and may or may not come with what seems like accuracy. While in lockdown, it may be a good idea to do some “self-discovery” and read up on your results from these quizzes (taking them with a grain of salt, of course). Try these quizzes out when you have some free time.
1. MBTI Personality Inventory – 16 Personalities
S/O to my sister for showing me this! MBTI stands for Myers Briggs Type Indicator. It is a “personality inventory” that categorizes you into 1 of 16 different personality types. “indicating differing psychological preferences in how people perceive the world and make decisions. The test attempts to assign four categories: introversion or extraversion, sensing or intuition, thinking or feeling, judging, or perceiving.” Whether or not you believe your results, it’s a fun quiz to take and read about for those a bit more curious.
2. Birth Chart – Café Astrology
Astrology is far from new. As far back as 6000 B.C., the Sumerians noted the journeys of planets and stars. An astrology birth chart—also called an astrology natal chart—is a map of where all the worlds were in their trip around the Sun (from our vantage point on earth) at the exact moment you were born. An astrology chart attempts to reveal your strengths and weaknesses, your opportunities for soul growth, the best timing for your most important moves. Because it can be a bit confusing to decipher all of the planets and what they mean, feel free to use this chart below:
“What an Aries starts, Taurus knows how to finish, and Gemini can communicate and express. Pisces dreams of the fantastic pulled from their inner depths, while Aquarius seeks to decipher and make real the dreams of all of humanity. Each zodiac sign relies on the other – and all the pieces fit together into a beautiful mosaic.”
3. Love Language – The 5 Love Languages
There’s a book called “The 5 Love Languages,” which puts forward this theory: People receive love in 5 different ways.
- Words of affirmation: These people value the nice things others say to them: complimenting them, thanking people for doing something, etc.
- Gifts: self-explanatory
- Quality time: This person values just spending time with others. Maybe it’s hanging out with a friend for two hours at a coffee shop; it’s perhaps a weekend away with your spouse?
- Acts of service: This person values others doing nice things for them. It could range from a spouse making you breakfast, cleaning your office, to anything in-between.
- Physical touch: This person values hugs, holding hands, a pat on the shoulder, etc., the most.
As a side note: it’s important to remember that “love,” as described in the book, is not just romantic love. It means receiving affection of any kind, or even respect. It can be entirely platonic, or familial, or romantic. Regardless of the relationship, certain “gestures” mean more to you than others.
I hope you had fun taking these quizzes! If you’re interested in more finds, check out this page.